Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Birthday Suspenders


Hello everyone! It's been a little while since my last post. Like most of us, I've been busy with outdoor projects now that the good weather is finally here.

Today I have a cute masculine card to share with you. I made this for last week's Mod Squad Challenge where the theme was "masculine". And this challenge came just at the right time since I needed to make a masculine birthday card for my daughter's special guy. My daughter says his pants slide down somewhat when he bends over or stoops. You get the picture.  LOL   So I thought this would make a great card for him. I cut one of the pant's pockets open so I could insert the Happy Birthday pennant which slides in and out.

Here's a photo of the inside (the 2 suspender images were computer generated to create the effect of the inside panel being help up by them).

Card Inside


Products I used to create this card:

Card Stock  -  GKD Ivory, In the Navy, Soft Sand, other
Ink  -  Versamark, GKD white
Stamp  -  Sassafras Lass Stitched Borders
Dies  -  Spellbinders Pennants, Paper Smooches Dots & Dashes, IO Buttons
Embossing Folder  -  Marianne Designs Bricks
Wording & Sentiment  -  personally composed and then computer generated
Other  -  ribbon, white EP, silver EP, soda can tops, adhesives



I hope you enjoyed this card. I really love how it turned out...so stinkin' cute! This could double for a Father's Day card, simply change the greeting, sentiment and inside wording. Here's a basic link to create the T-shirt. Just add your own touches.

Have a great day creating or doing what you love! 


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Mod Squad  - May 27 Challenge - Masculine
Aud Sentiments  -  Challenge #132  -  Cute Plus a Sentiment
The Crafter's Cafe  -   Challenge #118  - One for the Boys
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -   Challenge #87 - AG
Sister Act  -  Challenge #108 - AG
TTCRD  -  Challenge May 26 -Jun 1 - AG
Tuesday Throwdown  -  Challenge#246 - AG
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #185 - AG

16 comments:

Gail said...

Great job Olga! That is so cute!

NanaConnie said...

Olga, this is so darling! I love the suspenders and the brick wall embossing. Now, time for me to put on a DT hat -- I'm so happy to see you playing along with us in our "Cute with a Sentiment" challenge at Aud Sentiments this fortnight. Good luck and I hope you'll come play again next Thursday in the newest challenge.
NanaConnie DT

Janeen said...

Olga, this turned out so very cute. thanks for sharing the links. i love the will rogers quote

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute an great take on the challenge. Wonderful card!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super adorable and a great way to use the pop tops for the suspenders. Love this!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO cute, and super creatively fun, Olga. Thank you so very much for sharing your lovely card in our challenge this week. I greatly appreciate your participation in our challenge and hope that you will join us again soon. God bless your week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Oh wow I love this what a brilliant idea,I love how you've used the ring pulls just brilliant Debbs x

Rosy Newlun said...

This is so funny! I had to come over and read up on the story lol. It just "cracks" me up!!!! So clever and um, tactful sort of!!!!

Joyce Erb said...

Love the brick wall and the suspenders are great, love the can tops. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the <a href="http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com”>Mod Squad Challenge</a>If you’ve haven't become a follower yet, please do so as soon as you can. To be a winner, one must be a follower. If you already follow us, thanks!

Joyce Erb said...

Love the brick wall and the suspenders are great, love the can tops. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the <a href="http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com”>Mod Squad Challenge</a>If you’ve haven't become a follower yet, please do so as soon as you can. To be a winner, one must be a follower. If you already follow us, thanks!

cass said...

Super spendactular. Great design! Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week for our "One for the Boys" challenge.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What a fun guy's card!! Great details and colors! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
hugs!
Pam
TT DT

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Wowzers! I am in awe of your card! It's so cute and super duper creative! You are very talented and I am so thrilled you shared this card in the challenge this week! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

Zora said...

How cut isn´t this.Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at TTCRD this week and hope to se you again in our next challenge// Zora DT

Annie said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I just love this card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments. New challenge starts tomorrow - I do hope we will see you entering again. Thanks Annie xxx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Cute idea using the soda can tabs for the buckles on the suspenders.