Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Dahlia Birthday in Wisteria


Hello!  I made this birthday card today for someone that I call a friend but have never met. I would also call this person a co-worker because we worked for the same organization in the legislative arena. However, we worked and lived states apart and never had the opportunity to meet face to face. We became what I call "telephone friends" during those years and this has carried over into our retirement years. 

I had no idea how big this card would turn out when I finally completed it. It turned out to be 6 x 6 inches. I saw a photo on line that gave me an idea for what I wanted to do so I began with my focal panel. At first, I stamped my floral image (from PTI Delightful Dahlia stamp set) onto a square panel of GKD Pure Luxury white card stock with Versamark, embossed it with white EP and colored it with Copic markers. I was going to leave it as is but then decided to cut out the dahlia image. Having done that I then prepared another square panel of white card stock using a die from Memory Box Pinpoint Squares.  Before removing the panel from the die, I sponged SU Wisteria Wonder ink around the edges.  For my sentiment, I used a stamp from GKD Wild Blossom stamp set and stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a piece of white card stock. Then it was die cut using a die from Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangles. The prepared focal panel, dahlia image, and sentiment strip were put aside so I could work on preparing my base card and layers.

The base was made using GKD Pure Luxury white card stock. It was layered with SU Wisteria Wonder card stock which was cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinders 6x6 Matting Basics A. Next, I added a layer of some patterned digital paper that I had in my stash. Finally, I adhered my focal panel to my card, popped on the dahlia image and sentiment strip with dimensionals and that completed my project.

NOTE Copic colors used for dahlia image: V25, V20

Thanks for stopping by! I love and appreciate any comments so feel free to comment. And come back again for more card projects.

And remember to make it a great day!




2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous and I love the layout. Great colors too!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful. Your friend whom you have never met (I have LOTS of them, thanks to the internet) will love it. Gorgeous colors and your big, bold bloom is perfect. Well done!